Do you know what makes a good game?
We’re pretty sure you do, so make your opinion count – and help independent developers at the same time. Each game’s campaign ends after 28 days, and if the response is strong, we may offer to support the project in the future!
Koruldia Heritage JRPG
Koruldia Heritage is a story-driven J-RPG with meaningful fights. Discover a “Neo-Retro” visual experience crafted with our distinctive pixel-painting technique.
- An original feature of the game is to provide a battle system that is similar to classics turnbased JRPG, yet allows a hack as some confrontations can be resolved peacefully when you think you can bring enemies to their senses. Your battle style is absolutely up to you but be careful as your actions will have a direct impact on how you and your loyal Korumon evolve. This four legs creature is a reflection of you. Most battles start when you touch an enemy. You can try to avoid them or fight them on purpose.
- Another particularity of the game lies in its dungeons. You can never know what you will stumble upon, or what will stumble upon you. Each dungeon is linked to its sleeping master: complete it to dive into their memories and try to solve what went wrong in their past life, whether it is a dream that could not be achieved, an unhealed trauma or total madness... Apart from those compulsory for the scenario, dungeons are optional. Some may invite you to confusing visual experiences, others to psychological horrors.
Lost on the moon of a remote planet, you have to reconnect with a forgotten culture and travel with your loyal Korumon, a creature made like you from biotechnologies that question humanity's heritage.
Each path will be different. You will enjoy navigating through an in-depth story that reacts to the way you deal with confrontation.
- A rich narrative experience: the story unfolds and adapts to your choices.
- A variety of camera angles: from the classic top views of Final Fantasy VI (III in US, the game’s main influence) to fixed 3D perspectives like in Final Fantasy VII-VIII-IX.
- A non-linear exploration: there is no particular order for the dungeons, they are scattered in Koruldia’s Open-World.
- A merciful battle system: as you are free to choose between aggressiveness and compassion, confrontations are richer and more impactful.
It’s a great time to be an indie game developer, but it’s also getting very hard to gain visibility and momentum among the crowd.
The need for a curated platform like The Collective is essential and we wanted to go with it since its early days when we were still prototyping a previous version of Koruldia.
Watch this video to get an idea of that early prototype: https://youtu.be/KOlKh4PjLbg
After our successful Steam Greenlight a few months ago (http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=887934205), we are longing for more community feedback and additional ways to communicate with people.
Square Enix Collective is also the chance to get in touch with a legendary company, hoping to go even further in the future if we meet success.
Darrell “Dibur” ReconoseComposer
Renaud “Kayser” SAUZETProject Lead - Gameplay Designer - Developer - Artist - Writer
Irié / イリエArtist - Pixel Animator - Web