Do you know what makes a good game?
We’re pretty sure you do, so make your opinion count – and help independent developers at the same time. Each game’s campaign ends after 28 days, and if the response is strong, we may offer to support the project in the future!
Heroes of Rune
Heroes of Rune is an epic new casual game fusing elements of Multiplayer RPG and MOBA style gameplay.
Heroes of Rune is an epic new casual game fusing elements of Multiplayer RPG and MOBA style gameplay. Team up with friends for Quests, Raid challenges, engage in fast-paced PvE, PvP combat in an open-world environment. Once you are ready for more action, go head to head with other teams in the Rune Wars.
Rune Wars includes a unique capture & defend gameplay with traditional MOBA objective of destroying the opposing team's ancient. Unlike other MOBAs, Heroes of Rune will not include lanes or auto-spawning minions. Players have the freedom to roam the environment, hunt various monsters for experience points, collect gold, purchase upgrades, and spawn minions that will follow heroes directly into combat!
Heroes of Rune rewards players with Battle Points for their achievements throughout the game. With Battle Points players unlock additional game content such as new playable characters, and skins, along with earning higher ranks on the leaderboard. Players will also have an option to unlock this content through the purchase of in-game currency, but have no fear! Heroes of Rune will not adopt a pay-to-win model. Heroes of Rune will offer an equally balanced player experience regardless of play style.
STORY (PROLOGUE): The World of Gaea has fallen into peril as strife brews amoung divided heroes. Some seek to control and summon the powers of ancient Runes, while few have chosen to defend it! will order be restored once again... or will all perish! Gaea's Fate lies in the hand and sword of Heroes of the Rune Wars!
- Free To Play: No purchase necessary to play.
- Play Anywhere: Play the game anywhere, anytime on any Windows, Mac, or Linux-based OS with WebGL enabled Web Browsers.
- Open World: Explore a realm of various terrains discovering monsters, loot, and up to 6 players in a single game session.
- Heroes: Begin with a Knight Defender, Black Wizard, or Guardian Angel. Unlock 6 additional Rune Heroes all with unique skill and abilities.
- Inventory: Manage a hero's inventory of up to 12 slots available to store/sell or swap in/out loot or purchased boost items anytime during gameplay.
- Quests: Join a Sandbox gameplay session that includes free-roaming, quests, raid challenges, fast-paced PvE, PvP combat in a friendly, open world environment.
- Rune Wars: A unique, Capture & Defend gameplay with traditional MOBA objectives. Unlike other MOBAs, players are free to roam an open world, hunt monsters for loot, purchase upgrades, and spawn minions that follow heroes directly into combat!
- Battle Points: BPs are awarded for the players' progress and achievements in both gameplay modes. Battle Points are used to rank players and unlocks additional game content.
- Gems: Gems are purchased to help unlock heroes, acquire cosmetic upgrades, and additional content that is otherwise unlocked through BP. *No pay to win.
- Leader-board: Compete with other players for top PvP, PvE kills, or join the ranks among the best players of the game. *Ranks determined by BP & Stats.
** Click Here to Signup & Play Heroes of Rune Open Alpha! **
(Heroes of Rune is currently in Open Alpha stage of development.)
We strongly believe there is more to the MOBA genre than what is currently being offered by well known titles. While some may opt to reproduce a familiar MOBA recipe. Heroes of Rune stands on it's own and strives to become the first MOBA style game of it's kind; offering a unique casual gaming experience like no other. Let's take away the predefined lanes, auto-spawning minions, towers, and stressful long-winded gameplay sessions. Let's replace all that with a micro, open-world map design and gameplay style, offering players a fresh new perspective to the genre.
Today we have decided to submit Heroes of Rune to Square Enix Collective for an opputinity to introduce the game to the world. We hope to reach others who can embrace our ideas, and share in the passion to make such a game a reality.
We need your help to show the world there is more to the MOBA genre than what is currently being offered. Support us on this Journey! Not only with funding, but with your valued input, ideas, and suggestions to help make Heroes of Rune a truly unique MOBA experience. Follow us on Twitter, Facebook, IndieDB... Vote for Us! and most importanly share you thoughts! We would love to hear from you. Thank You!
Jonathan Malave (Creative Director)Jon has designed and produced games for various platforms in the past 4 years. With a range of experience with various technologies and design mediums; Jon is well equipped to take on the challenge of producing successful games from the ground up. He truly enjoys breathing life into game worlds, and striving to build and maintain strong communities.
Alvaris Falcon (Developer)Alvaris has over 4 years of experience developing 3D/2D single player and multiplayer games for PC, Web, iOS and Android platform. He was also a JS+PHP+MySQL web developer for 4 years prior to his game development career. Taking on new development challenges is his passion, and he always strives to create something new and unique.
MijiKai Game StudioWe are a small independent game development studio focusing on immersive social games that offer original casual gaming experiences. The company was founded in 2013 and based in Miami, Florida. The team consists of small, but passionate and dedicated talents with fresh ideas. We hope you enjoy our games, and look forward to seeing you play in our worlds. For more information, please visit www.mijikaigames.com